As a traveler, have you ever heard about Van Village in Danang? This is a small village which is completely separated from the outside. Known as “The first world majestic”, Van Village will definitely make you feel amazed at its untouched and pristine natural beauty. In fact, it is the wilderness that makes Van Village become a favorite camping place for young people. Just try to escape from the familiar parts of the city for a few days, you will surely discover that this place has so many interesting things waiting for you.
I. Overview of Van Village
Van Village (Làng Vân), Danang is located at the foot of Hai Van Pass, and it’s famous for being a place for young people who are passionate about experiencing new things, especially camping. The village is also called Cui Village (Làng Cùi) or Phong village (Làng Phong) because it used to be the residence of a part of people infected with leprosy (“phong” disease in Vietnamese). After the residents there integrated again into the community, the village was abandoned.
However, the village fortunately possesses stunning scenes with mountains, the blue sea and the sandy beach stretches along a charming curve. Mixed in that unspoiled natural landscape are some fallen abandoned houses. The combination of that wild features has made Van village become a “mysterious” destination that stimulates the curiosity of many people.
II. Highlights of Van Village
1. The Natural Beauty of Van village
Through many ups and downs, Van village is still a peaceful village on the coast a perfect place if you’re looking for some tranquility in your life. It seems like this space dispels all troubles and the bustling city out there No road dust or smoke, just fresh air and gentle scenery between mountains and sea, the village will certainly help you sooth your feelings and relax for a while. Once being here, you might not want to leave ever.
2. Canoe on the Beach in Van Village
Canoes are available for rent near the village beaches. The water here is extremely clear, so it would be a nice experience to just freely float on it. Usually boats and canoes will carry 4 to 8 people, so you should not bring too many things to avoid overweight situation. The canoe gliding quickly on the water will open your eyes to the majestic surrounding of Hai Van Pass.
3. Ideal Location for Camping
Traveling to Van Village, one of the best camping places in Vietnam, young people can choose to camp right next to the beach. This area is divided into 3 distinct areas, including Bai Dua, Bai Chinh and Bai Xoan.
Bai Dua: There are many rocks and trees in Bai Dua, which is convenient for setting up tents, collecting firewood and burning campfire. In particular, the view is beautiful, the journey is short, so if you do not want to go anywhere far, Bai Dua is the ideal stopover. You can play all night or simply swim in the sea while enjoying the sweet coconut water picked directly from the tree.
Bai Chinh: This is the longest area of all three, which is near the border hill. The space is huge so it’s suitable for a big camping group. If you want to camp overnight, you can go to the end of the village, right at the village gate there is a vacant lot of campfire. You can also catch some crabs and snails for food in this area …
Bai Xoan: This is the most beautiful beach and the place that still retains the natural wildness. Due to its secluded location, Bai Xoan has a very private space with golden sand, green water, green trees and eye-catching polymorphic rocks. Compared to the other two beaches, you have to spend more time and effort to get here, but in return you will have the chance to watch the sunrise on the sea and freely harvest seafood with the people.
Ideal time to go camping in Van village: Due to the geographical location, it is quite dangerous and difficut to get here. Therefore, it is better for you to travel the dry season with little rain which is convenient for travel, camping and unforeseen events.
III. What to Eat in Van Village?
Van Village has absolutely no tourism services. To have an enjoyable meal on the beach, you should prepare the ingredients and food in advance. Usually people who come here love the barbecue and cook things such as grilled shrimp, grilled beef satay, grilled stingray, grilled chicken, …
IV. How to Get to Van Village?
Van Village is separated from the city because there is no direct road leading to the village. To get here, you can choose one of 3 ways below:
- Sailing: This is the easiest way. You have to go all the way to Nguyen Tat Thanh Street, then turn to the direction of National Highway 1A and rent a boat to the village.
- Going down from the mountain: Firstly, you have to go to Hai Van pass. 2-3 kilometers from the foot of the pass, you will see a small shop on the right to park your vehicle (the price is from 20,000VND to 30,000 VND). After that, ask for directions and walk about 1 kilometer to the village.
- Walking through the tunnel: This is the most preferred route. When you reach the foot of Hai Van pass, go up to the train line 11 and go down the tunnel. The road is about 1 km long, quite dark, so traveling is quite difficult. Remember to ask the local for the exact departure time of the train to avoid accidents.
V. Extra Tips
- The road to Van village is full of gravel and rocks, so you should wear sports shoes for easy climbing.
- If you travel through a tunnel, carry a flashlight with you because it is very dark.
- Pay special attention when going close to the edge to avoid collision with the train when the train comes suddenly.
- The sea in Van Village is quite wide and deep, so you should be careful and attentive to each other in your group.
- Eating and drinking in Van village is self-sufficient remember to bring your own food.
Keyword: Van Village, Danang