Hanoi, the heart of Vietnam, is a renowned landscape for unique cuisines, fascinating architecture, hospitable people and bustling Hanoi nightlife. This city is also a crowded region with the diverse culture of multi-communities. Your visit to Hanoi will be wonderful if you can find an ideal accommodation that makes your discovery the most convenient. So where to stay in Hanoi? If you have not decided the best areas to stay in Hanoi yet, you can consider our guide, which contains options for any budget and traveller!
I. Hanoi Old Quarter
1. It’s best for
- First time travellers: The Old Quarter is the soul of Hanoi, which is pregnant with the historical values rooting to the mind of every resident there. It is famous for its antique beauty in modern life, with ancient temples, traditional specialties, busy streets and vibrant nightlife, which is ideal for tourists with the first time in Hanoi.
- All budgets: In Hanoi Old Quarter, there are accommodations for all budgets, from pocket-friendly hostels to the most luxurious and high-end hotels. If you are a budget-conscious traveler, there is no better place than Hanoi Old Quarter.
- Backpackers: Staying right in the city center could be extremely expensive, but the same thing is not true in the Old Quarter. For backpackers who are most concerned about a reasonable trip, this place is worth your first consideration.
2. Where to stay in the Hanoi Old Quarter?
- Hotel Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi
Built in 1901 by the French, Hotel Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi is the first 5-star hotel in Hanoi, and also the oldest hotel there. This hotel not only has luxurious rooms but also high-class apartments. On the first floor of Metropole Hanoi, there is one French restaurant named “Le Beaulieu” and a Vietnamese restaurant called “Spices Garden”, as well as three bars, five function rooms, a swimming pool and an area for commercial activities. This hotel is a stopover of many heads of state, ambassadors as well as famous people when coming to Vietnam.
Location: 15 Ngo Quyen, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi
Price: From 9,000,000 VND
- Hilton Hanoi Opera
Hilton Hanoi Opera is located in the Old Quarter, the center of Hanoi which attracts many local and international tourists. This hotel is appraised as one of the best hotels in Vietnam, with a view to Hanoi Opera House and the Old Quarter. From Hilton Hanoi Opera, you can easily access the city’s cultural attractions just within walking distance. In the French-style hotel, you will be served with high-class services like Vietnamese cuisine, along with a chain of entertainment such as pool, gym, spa, jazz bar and dance room.
Location: 01 Le Thanh Tong, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi
Price: From 2,500,000 VND
- Melia Hanoi Hotel
Located not very far from Hoan Kiem Lake, Melia Hanoi Hotel is a world-class hotel where many heads of state chose to stay when coming to Hanoi. The 22-floor building allows you to have an overview of Hanoi from above with the crowded streets and historical constructions. The expedient location of Melia Hanoi Hotel makes it easy for you to access the Old Quarter, Hoan Kiem Lake, Temple of Literature as well as many other places of interest in Hanoi.
Location: Quan Su, Cua Nam, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi
Price: From 2,000,000 VND
- Little Charm Hanoi Hostel
If the price of a hotel in Hoan Kiem District is too expensive for you to afford, it is the best advice for you to find a hostel in the Old Quarter, where you can enjoy the convenient services with a quite pocket-friendly price when comparing with other areas. Little Charm Hanoi Hostel is a typical example. The bar and restaurant of this hostel are built with Italian style, which will surely give you an amazing experience right in the center of the Old Quarter.
Location: 44 Hang Bo, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi
Price: From 210,000 VND
- Old Quarter View Hanoi Hostel
Old Quarter View Hanoi Hostel is another hostel in the Old Quarter offering an affordable price. With the prime location, from Old Quarter View Hanoi Hostel, you can reach many attractive destinations of Hanoi such as Hoan Kiem Lake, Old Quarter Night Market, Thang Long Water Puppet Theater in only a 7-minute walk. The restaurant on the first floor of this hotel offers you typical specialties of Hanoi, which ensures food hygiene.
Location: 03 Noi Mieu Alley, Hang Buom, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi
Price: From 140,000 VND
3. Things to see and do in Hanoi Old Quarter
- Visiting historical places of Hanoi: Long Bien Bridge, St. Joseph’s Cathedral, Ngoc Son Temple, Hanoi Opera House
- Checking-in on Phung Hung Fresco Street
- Wandering around Pedestrian Zone and Hoan Kiem Lake at weekends
- Enjoying Hanoi street coffee and mouth-watering specialties on Hang Buom Street
- Watching water puppet performance at Thang Long Water Puppet Theater
II. Ba Dinh District
1. It’s best for
- Relaxation: Ba Dinh District is the place of the most important buildings of Vietnamese government, so the atmosphere there is much more tranquil than in Hoan Kiem District. Owning the most charming streets of Hanoi, Ba Binh District is sure to give you relaxing moments right in the city center.
- Those who want to stay in a quieter area but can still access to attractions and gain local experience: In spite of being a district in the city center, Ba Dinh District seems to remain the feature of a peaceful Hanoi, which is suitable for those who want to enjoy the peaceful moments in the hurried life. In Ba Dinh District, you can easily find the historical monuments that have been associated with the long-lasting history of Hanoi as well as Vietnam.
2. Where to stay in Ba Dinh District?
- Lotte Hotel Hanoi
Located at the intersection of Lieu Giai and Dao Tan Street in Ba Dinh District, Lotte Hotel Hanoi is the connection and integration of the Old Quarter of Hanoi with the new growing urban areas. Located on the top floors of a 65-storey building, the second highest landmark in Hanoi, Lotte Hotel Hanoi provides you with world-class services, which gives you the most wonderful experience. Besides, from the observatory on the 65th floor of this building, you can catch the stunning view of a modern Hanoi at night.
Location: 54 Lieu Giai, Cong Vi, Ba Dinh District, Hanoi
Price: From 3,500,000 VND
- Hanoi Daewoo Hotel
Inhabiting a prime neighborhood near many foreign embassies, Hanoi Daewoo Hotel is the hotel of choice for many heads of state and politicians such as the US Former President Bill Clinton and the President of Russia Vladimir Putin. With the services that adapt the international standards, Hanoi Daewoo Hotel is the accustomed destination for international events and conferences. From this hotel, you can get access to a lot of tourist attraction spots in Hanoi.
Location: 360 Ngoc Khanh, Kim Ma, Ba Dinh District, Hanoi
Price: From 2,000,000 VND
- Hanoian Backpack Hostel
Within a 15-minute walk from Quan Thanh Temple, Hanoian Backpack Hostel is a combination of the antique tradition with the modern amenities. The on-site restaurant of Hanoian Backpack Hostel offers you with a myriad of Hanoi specialties; in addition, the customer services here will make the most convenient for your trip and you will be surely satisfied with it.
Location: 60 Pho Duc Chinh, Truc Bach, Ba Dinh District, Hanoi
Price: From 230,000 VND
- Capsule Hanoi Hostel
Although Capsule Hanoi Hostel is a democratic hostel in Ba Dinh District, you can absolutely enjoy the good services with a very pocket-friendly price. In addition, the prestigious location of this hostel allows you to visit nearby neighborhoods with Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, Bach Thao Park, Quan Thanh Temple and One Pillar Pagoda without any difficulties. The host of Capsule Hanoi Hostel is hospitable and helpful, which makes you feel like a family.
Location: 160 Ngoc Ha, Ba Dinh District, Ha Noi
Price: From 200,000 VND
3. Things to see and do in Ba Dinh District
- Visiting Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum and contemplating the salute of flags at Ba Dinh Square in the early morning.
- Discovering the Imperial Citadel of Thang Long and the Flag Tower of Hanoi
- Enjoying peaceful moments in Bach Thao, Lenin and Thu Le Park
- Wandering on Hoang Dieu and Phan Dinh Phung Street, two most appealing streets of Hanoi
- Shopping at Lotte Lieu Giai and seeing the overview of Hanoi from the 65th floor
III. Tay Ho District (Hanoi West Lake)
1. It’s best for
- Foodies: Tay Ho District is the home of many specialties in Hanoi, one of which is “pho cuon”. On the river bank of West Lake, there are a number of restaurants and food stalls for you to come across and have a snack on your journey.
- Family: Despite the expatriated location, Tay Ho District is still an attraction for tourists coming to Hanoi. If you travel with your family, West Lake is surely the best suitable area for you where you can enjoy a wonderful weekend in the surrounding area.
- Those wanting to enjoy a night-out: This is the best area to stay if you want to explore the nightlife in this city. A variety of recreational activities, night bars and clubs are always available for you to enjoy the lively atmosphere of Hanoi after the sunset.
2. Where to stay in Tay Ho District?
- InterContinental Hanoi Westlake
Located on the tranquil water of West Lake, the largest lake in Hanoi, InterContinental Hanoi Westlake offers you a welcome paradise from the busy city center. This is not only a hotel but also a luxurious five-star resort with high-class convenience such as outdoor seasonal swimming pool, fitness center, on-site restaurants and bars, along with magnificent rooms with balconies offering a gorgeous view to West Lake. Whether you come here for leisure or business purposes, InterContinental Hanoi Westlake is a considerable hotel.
Location: 05 Tu Hoa, Quang An, Tay Ho District, Hanoi
Price: From 4,300,000 VND
- Westlake Home Hotel
Westlake Home Hotel is a three-star hotel located ideally in Tay Ho District. With a competitive price in comparison to others, this hotel provides you with convenient services as well as comfortable rooms with qualified facilities. Westlake Home Hotel also helps you with free bicycle riding around the lake. The enthusiastic staff here are always willing to help you with your transportation services.
Location: 156 Yen Phu, Tay Ho District, Hanoi
Price: From 650,000 VND
- Tony House Hostel
Tony House Hostel is ideal for international tourists who are seeking for a comfortable place with the hospitable atmosphere. The on-site cafe and bar of this hostel usually has events that help you to interact with the others in this hostel as well as the locals. The rooftop terrace of Tony House Hostel gives you a stunning view of West Lake, and in summer, you can have a barbeque party there.
Location: 209 Ve Ho Street, Xuan La, Tay Ho District, Hanoi
Price: From 360,000 VND
- 7 Fridays Hostel
7 Fridays Hostel is an ideal place for you to stay if you want to enjoy the bustling nightlife on the side of West Lake. This hostel comprises a pool and social space, where regular poolside events, clubs and bars with live bands and DJs are held. Spending the whole night to immerse yourself into the recreational games there is an experience that should not be missed when you stay in this hostel.
Location: 22 Quang An, Tay Ho District, Hanoi
Price: From 300,000 VND
3. Things to see and do in Tay Ho District
- Experience the most attractive entertainment and adventurous games in West Lake Water Park
- Going for a round in West Lake and see the sunset in the late afternoon
- Visiting Tran Quoc Pagoda, the most antique pagoda of Hanoi
- Enjoying the bustling atmosphere of Hanoi nightlife at bars and clubs
- Coming to Quang An Flower Market, one of the most well-known traditional market in Hanoi
- Shopping in Tay Ho Night Market
IV. Truc Bach Area
1. It’s best for
- Off-the-beaten path: Since not many tourists pay attention to this small area, Truc Bach still remains an antique and peaceful appearance in spite of the intersection location of Hoan Kiem, Tay Ho and Ba Dinh District, the three most bustling areas of Hanoi.
- Those loving quiet accommodation: When you want to escape from the bustle and hustle of the city center, Truc Bach always welcomes you to come and stay. This is a small area in the north of Ba Dinh District, where the daily life of the locals seems to slow down and set room for a peaceful atmosphere that you cannot find anywhere else in Hanoi.
2. Where to stay in Truc Bach?
- Tam Hotel
Tam Hotel is far enough from the bustle of the Old Quarter but close enough for you to experience the most modern services there. This three-star hotel is furnished with wooden floors and impressive furniture. From Tam Hotel, within a 10-minute walk, you can visit the Old Quarter and Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum. Besides, in the nearby neighborhood are many local restaurants for you to enjoy the mouth-watering typical dishes.
Location: 03 Tran Te Xuong, Truc Bach Ward, Ba Dinh District, Hanoi
Price: From 460,000 VND
- An Nguyen Building
Situated in Ngu Xa island, a quiet landscape but adjacent to the tourist attractions of Hanoi, An Nguyen Building is an ultimate choice for you and family to relish the idyllic atmosphere of an area on the edge of Hanoi. The apartments here include a kitchen with necessary equipment so that you can cook your own meals for your family. Escaping from the hustle and bustle of the city center and enjoying the wonderful moments with your family near the center are the experiences that you can only have in An Nguyen Building.
Location: 59 Nguyen Khac Hieu, Truc Bach Ward, Ba Dinh District, Hanoi
Price: From 510,000 VND
- Pan Pacific Hanoi
Pan Pacific Hanoi offers you the best view of Truc Bach Lake and West Lake, which are situated in a serene oasis within the bustling city of Hanoi. The service of this five-star hotel for sure will please all the visitors staying in Hanoi with the convenient rooms and modern facilities. Not far enough to the city center, Pan Pacific Hanoi is an ideal hotel for you to choose in your journey to Hanoi.
Location: 1 Thanh Nien Street, Truc Bach Ward, Ba Binh District, Hanoi
Price: From 2,000,000 VND
3. Things to see and do in Truc Bach
- Visiting and shopping at Chau Long Market
- Coming to Quan Thanh Temple, one of the four sacred temples in Hanoi
- Riding swan-shaped boat on Truc Bach Lake
- Enjoying fried shrimp pastry, pho cuon, La Vong fishcake, puffy-fried pho and frog hotpot
- Drinking coffee in a 20th-century atmosphere at Cong Coffee
V. Hai Ba Trung District Shopping Until You Drop
1. It’s best for
- Cultural experience: This lively and modern neighborhood in Hanoi plays an important role in connecting the city center with the suburban areas. In Hai Ba Trung District, you are offered fantastic entertainment and plenty of restaurants, which contains the typical cultural traits of Hanoi.
- Shopaholics and fashionistas: Throughout the busy streets of Hai Ba Trung District are tailor shops, independent boutiques and fabric markets, which is the paradise for fashionistas and shopaholics.
2. Where to stay in Hai Ba Trung District
- The Ann Hanoi
Located in a business part of Hanoi, The Ann Hanoi is the best four-star hotel in the center. This hotel serves an outdoor swimming pool, a restaurant and bar, which adapts the demand for entertainment of visitors. Being in a favorable position, The Ann Hanoi is most appropriate for you to reach the Old Quarter in the city center in only a 15-minute walk. Should you wish to stay in a high-level hotel nearby the center, this is the best selection for you.
Location: 38A Hang Chuoi, Pham Dinh Ho, Hai Ba Trung District, Hanoi
Price: From 1,800,000 VND
- Midori Boutique Hotel
Getting a foothold in Hai Ba Trung District, Midori Boutique Hotel provides you with a well-appointed guest room, comfortable and peaceful rooms with traditional decor as well as impeccable services. Although the area of this hotel is not very large, Midori Boutique Hotel still provides you with the greatest utilities. From this destination, you can easily reach the city center in the distance of two kilometers.
Location: 43 Trieu Viet Vuong, Bui Thi Xuan, Hai Ba Trung District, Hanoi
Price: From 1,200,000 VND
- Vong Xua Hotel
Vong Xua Hotel is a reliable address of many domestic and foreign visitors. Not only that, the street of Pho Vong in front of this hotel is a convergence of the largest economic and trade centers in Hanoi, which is convenient for sightseeing and shopping. Vong Xua Hotel brings you a luxurious, cozy and gentle atmosphere with the interior modern furniture. Staying in this hotel, you will enjoy a space as you are in your sweet home.
Location: 193 Pho Vong, Dong Tam, Hai Ba Trung District, Hanoi
Price: From 600,000 VND
3. Things to see and do in Hai Ba Trung District
- Discovering sea creatures at Vinpearl Aquarium Times City
- Relaxing with entertainment activities at Hanoi Creative City
- Shopping at Vincom Center Ba Trieu
- Taking a stroll and doing exercises at Thong Nhat Park
- Getting clothes at tailor and fabric shop on Pho Hue Street
- Enjoying “bun cha” (noodles with spring roll) at Bun cha Huong Lien, where the former president of US had dinner when coming to Vietnam
- Eating pho at Pho Thin, a traditional brand of pho in Hanoi
VI. Thanh Xuan District
1. It’s best for
- Low-budget travellers: Owing some universities in the area, Thanh Xuan District is a young vibe with low cost of living, where a budget-conscious tourist can easily find a cheap rental house or hotel. The low cost, however, does not prevent tourists from experiencing an abundance of entertainment options there.
- Modern entertainment: Thanh Xuan District of Hanoi also provides tourists with high-end shopping and entertainment complexes in luxurious commercial centers. If you want to admire a modern and bustling city of Hanoi, Thanh Xuan District is just for you.
2. Where to stay in Thanh Xuan District
- Everest Hotel
Everest Hotel in Thanh Xuan District features an accommodation with a bar, private parking, shared lounge and kitchen. This three-star hotel provides you with concierge service, shuttle service and fully-equipped rooms. Within 2 kilometers, you can access many places of interest in Hanoi, including museums, cinemas, shopping centers and parks.
Location: 44 Nguyen Ngoc Nai, Khuong Thuong Ward, Thanh Xuan District, Hanoi
Price: From 600,000 VND
- Avalon Hotel
Situated in Trung Hoa Nhan Chinh, a populous area of Hanoi, Avalon Hotel is a wonderful starting point for your itinerary in Hanoi. This hotel has a prime location, which helps you to comfortably visit and explore famous tourist attractions in the city center of Hanoi. The facilities and services there are quite convenient, which ensure a pleasant journey for you.
Location: Nguyen Trai, Thuong Dinh Ward, Thanh Xuan District, Hanoi
Price: From 600,000 VND
- Sport Hotel
Sport Hotel is one of the hotels used in large sport events held in Vietnam. With large parking, entertainment area, sports area, cultural area, dining rooms and a system of meeting halls and other convenient services available for your need, Sport Hotel is not just an accommodation but a conventional hall for important events of international organizations.
Location: 15 Le Van Thiem, Nhan Chinh Ward, Thanh Xuan District, Hanoi
Price: From 1,500,000 VND
3. Things to see and do in Thanh Xuan District
- Enjoying weekends with entertainment activities and shopping center at Vincom Mega Mall Royal City
- Visiting Air Force Museum to learn more about the resistance war of Vietnamese again the US Army
- Shopping for reasonable-price items at Phung Khoang Market
- Drinking coffee and taking photos at Trill Rooftop Coffee
- Discovering a variety of Vietnamese street foods such as mixed rice paper, green papaya with dried beef salad, sweet soup (che), rib porridge and so on.
VII. Cau Giay District
1. It’s best for
- Backpackers: Cau Giay District is a new destination to the west of Hanoi city center, which is a vital link to the suburban areas of this city. Therefore, the price in Cau Giay District is quite reasonable for backpackers, who are most concerned about cheap prices. Cau Giay is worth taking into account for low-budget travellers in Hanoi.
- Businessmen: The institutions of many companies are not situated in the city center but in the bustling areas near the suburbs like Cau Giay District. Beside luxurious hotels, you can easily find high-quality apartments to stay for a long time in Cau Giay District.
2. Where to stay in Cau Giay District
- Grand Plaza Hanoi Hotel
Located in the most vibrant area of Cau Giay District, Grand Plaza Hanoi is one of the best choices for you when going on a business trip in Hanoi. Within 10-minute travel, you can reach shopping centers, National Convention Center and also other important places. This hotel offers you the most high-end services with a swimming pool, spa, bar, club, restaurant, free transportation service and so on.
Location: 177 Tran Duy Hung, Trung Hoa Ward, Cau Giay District, Hanoi
Price: From 2,200,000 VND
- Novotel Suites Hanoi
Novotel Suites Hanoi is the first Novotel suite in Asia-Pacific, which is a four-star hotel in Cau Giay District. This hotel provides you with modern and luxurious services, from well-equipped fitness center, high-class meeting halls, kid’s corner, outdoor swimming pool, rooftop bar and restaurants with plenty of food and beverage. Located near the office areas of Cau Giay District, Novotel Suites is a recommended place for those who come to Hanoi for business.
Location: 05 Duy Tan, Dich Vong Hau Ward, Cau Giay District, Hanoi
Price: From 2,700,000 VND
- Lily Hometel
About 1.7 kilometers from Vietnam Museum of Ethnology and 3.5 kilometers from Vincom Center Nguyen Chi Thanh, Lily Hometel offers you an affordable accommodation with free wifi, air-conditioner, well-equipped facilities and shared living room. Airport shuttle service there is available with an extra charge.
Location: 12 Tran Quoc Vuong, Dich Vong Hau, Cau Giay, Hanoi
Price: From 700,000 VND
3. Things to see and do in Cau Giay District
- Experiencing at Vincom Tran Duy Hung and Big C Thang Long
- Learning about Vietnamese culture at Vietnam Museum of Ethnology
- Discovering typical cuisine of local in Nghia Tan Market
- Watching movies and enjoying high-class shopping at Indochina Plaza
- Visiting famous parks in Cau Giay District such as Nghia Do and Cau Giay Park
- Shopping for clothes along Cau Giay and Xuan Thuy Street
One day is never enough for you to discover the entire Hanoi, so why don’t you find a place to stay there for your long trip? Above are the 5 best areas to stay in Hanoi, and we hope that it may be of some help for you. Whether to enjoy the bustle in Hoan Kiem, the nightlife of Tay Ho, the atmosphere of Ba Dinh and Truc Bach or to go shopping in Hai Ba Trung, you will have a chance to feel both ancient and modern Hanoi in each destination. Have a wonderful trip in Hanoi and don’t forget to share with us your feelings!
Keyword: Top 5 Best Areas To Stay In Hanoi, Vietnam for Any Budget