Pu Luong travels experience 2 days 1 night to discover the wild beauty of the village with beautiful terraced fields, not inferior to Bali of Vietnam.
Pu Luong – a charming and beautiful ‘muse’
Located on the territory of two highland districts Ba Thuoc and Quan Hoa of Thanh Hoa , less than 15 km from the city center. If you are wondering about choosing a short-term resort at a reasonable price, this destination will satisfy you. Pu Luong with the wild beauty of the mountains, and terraced fields. A place with a beautiful idyllic life not inferior to the Northwest.
Coming to the Pu Luong eco-tourism area, you will have time to relax and immerse yourself in nature and enjoy the fresh air. Stay in simple stilt houses, eat specialties of streams or catch in the forest. Watching the clouds play over the mountains, admiring the beauty of the sleeping “muse” is gradually awakening.
What is the best time to travel to Pu Luong 2 days 1 night?
With a fresh and cool climate all year round, you can visit Pu Luong at any time. But Thanh Hoa travel experience , the most beautiful time is from May to the end of October every year.
– Early summer (May, June) : new rice season on terraced fields. Green color brings a very comfortable feeling, coming here to admire the scenery and “escape” the heat of summer is really ideal.
– Ripe rice season (September, October) : the most beautiful time of the year in Pu Luong. All the fields or terraced fields here are dressed in the shimmering golden color of ripe rice, as beautiful as a picture in the middle of the wild mountains. Come here to check in comfortably, inhale the aroma of new rice and enjoy a simple life.
Suggested means of transport in the trip to Pu Luong
Going to Pu Luong
– Remote area:
+ Airplane : if you are in the area of Saigon, Da Nang , the West, …, you can book tickets to Pu Luong tourism 2 days 1 night of Vietnamairline, Bamboo Airways or Vietjet Air.
- Arrive at Noi Bai airport. Then, rent a car to go to Luong or catch a bus from Giap or Nuoc Ngam wharf to the district center. Catch another motorbike taxi to Pu Luong.
- You can also fly to Tho Xuan airport and then take a taxi to Pu Luong.
+ Train : go to Hanoi station or Thanh Hoa station, then take a bus or hire a taxi or motorbike to go to Pu Luong.
– Areas nearby:
+ Cars, motorbikes: follow the directions of Google maps on the correct route 15C to reach Pu Luong.
+ Taxi, carpool: move quickly and conveniently, without worrying about finding your own way.
Where to stay in Pu Luong?
Although this is a fairly new place, it has also been invested in resort quality. There are many beautiful homestays in Pu Luong with close native style, you can choose to stay during your trip.
– Homestay Puluong Retreat
- Address: Thanh Lam, Ba Thuoc, Thanh Hoa.
- Room price reference: 450,000 VND/room.
– Puluong RiceRoad Homestay
- Address: Ban Hieu, Co Lung commune, Ba Thuoc district, Thanh Hoa.
- Room price reference: 250,000 VND/room.
– Tho Ha Homestay
- Address: Bang village, Thanh Son commune, Ba Thuoc district, Thanh Hoa.
- Room price reference: 250,000 VND/room.
– Nguyen Lan Homestay Pu Luong
- Address: Bang Village, Thanh Son Commune, Ba Thuoc District, Thanh Hoa.
- Room price reference: 150,000 VND/person.
– Pu Luong Eco Garden
- Address: Bang Village, Ba Thuoc, Thanh Hoa.
– Pu Luong Green Field Homestay
- Address: Thanh Lam, Ba Thuoc, Thanh Hoa.
Where to go to the Pu Luong conservation area?
1. Ban Don
Referring to the tourist destination of Pu Luong 2 days 1 night , it is impossible not to mention Ban Don, a village with simple stilt houses. The place still preserves the good traditional cultural values. There are many homestays with attractive terraced fields that you can choose to stay in when traveling here.
2. Pu Luong Peak
Trekking Pu Luong peak is one of the experiences that tourists love when coming to Thanh Hoa. To reach the top takes half a day through the steep slopes of the mountain. But up to the place where the poetic scenery will make you forget all your fatigue, the clouds playing in the mountains at the foot are villages and beautiful terraced fields.
3. Kho Muong village
The wild and old Kho Muong village is the buffer zone of the Pu Luong nature reserve. The village is located deep inside, the life of the people here is still very simple, quiet and isolated from the outside. Come here, do not forget to visit Kho Muong cave or Bat cave to see the unique shaped limestone stalactites.
4. Pho Dan Market
A special market of people in Pu Luong meets every Thursday and Sunday. Where people still preserve the traditional ways of buying, selling and exchanging goods with all the products or utensils they have. Coming to the market, you can learn about unique cultural values and buy souvenirs to bring back.
5. Thac Hieu
Traveling to Pu Luong 2 days 3 nights , remember to take the time to check in Hieu waterfall, where there is a cool stream of water flowing through many layers, which is very suitable for bathing and sightseeing.
6. Suoi Cham
The sound of water murmuring comes from the water, the village girls wash their hair in the stream, surrounded by rice fields and fresh air. A poetic scene in Cham stream that you will witness when you come in the summer. In addition, when the water rises, you also have the opportunity to sit on a raft and enjoy the scenery while rowing.
What to eat when traveling to Pu Luong?
1. Grilled stream fish
Thai ethnic people have the habit of living next to streams, so this dish is a familiar specialty you will enjoy when coming to this tourist destination in Thanh Hoa . Fish is caught in the stream, brought up to be meat, then marinated with mac Khen seasoning, doi seeds, salt, herbs, … clamped with bamboo sticks grilled on a charcoal stove. The fish is very firm, with a simple but delicious flavor.
2. Bitter soup
Thanh Hoa bitter soup is one of the dishes that only brave people dare to try because of its special taste. Soup cooked from bitter leaves with minced duck meat or intestines, and minced chicken blood. Although it has a bitter taste at first, it is sweet, eating this leaf is very good for your health.
3. Co-Lung Duck
Old Lung Duck is a typical native duck breed of the Ba Thuoc region. Duck with short legs, short neck but lean, golden yellow, fragrant and delicious. A rare special treat that everyone who comes here wants to enjoy once. Traveling to Pu Luong 2 days 1 night self-sufficient with people roasting duck on charcoal, salted with salt, hard to resist.
4. Green rice
Having grilled stream fish is indispensable for Lam rice, this is also a delicious dish of Pu Luong that you will enjoy. Thai rice is fragrant, cooked in bamboo tubes over hot coals, when eaten, the rice has a layer of silk on the outside, which is flexible but very fragrant. Dipping rice with peanut salt and sesame salt is simply delicious.
5. Bitter bamboo shoots
Indigenous people often go to the forest to pick bitter bamboo shoots to improve their daily meals. However, today it has become a rare delicacy. Pu Luong bitter bamboo shoots grow naturally, although bitter but fleshy. Boiled bamboo shoots dipped in sesame salt or cooked with duck intestines, chicken intestines eat very well.
Suggest an attractive Pu Luong travel itinerary
Day 1: Hanoi – Don village – Bat cave
– Morning : depart from Hanoi to Pu Luong. Check in, have lunch and rest.
– Afternoon : depart to Ban Don, discover the simple and idyllic life of Thai ethnic people. Enjoy the fresh air and admire the beautiful mountains and terraced fields. Continue moving to visit Kho Muong village, Bat cave.
– Evening : After sightseeing, return to dinner and rest.
Day 2: Pho Doan Market – Ban Hieu – Thac Hieu – Suoi Cham
Morning : Get up early to catch the moment when the clouds are still around the beautiful mountains. Then have breakfast and start moving to Don street market to buy specialties and souvenirs.
- Continue to Ban Hieu to see the simple life with simple stilt houses. Check-in Thac Hieu and take a cool spring bath. Go to the Suoi Cham tourist area to see firsthand the giant water piles and participate in exciting river rafting.
– Noon : return to Ban Don to eat and rest for a while before returning to Hanoi. End of the memorable 2 days 1 night Pu Luong tour.
Many experiences with nature and culture, Pu Luong 2 days 1 night travel itinerary brings countless memorable joys. Pack your bags and go now to enjoy many interesting things at this place!
Keyword: Pu Luong travel 2 days 1 night: schedule and detailed notes