- 1. Travel – Experience Hoi An market
- 1.1. Hoi An cuisine is colorful and unique
- 1.1.1. Hoi An Bread
- 1.1.2. Cao Lau dish
- 1.1.3. Quang Noodles
- 1.1.4. Hoi An pancakes
- 1.1.5. Hoi An pound cake
- 1.1.6. Wet cake with grilled meat
- 1.1.7. Hoi An tea – popular street food in Hoi An ancient town
- 1.2. Bustling traditional market
- 1.3. Release your soul to check-in with the old Hoi An market
- 1.1. Hoi An cuisine is colorful and unique
- 2. Other attractive tourist attractions near Hoi An market
- 2.1. VinWonders South Hoi An – Attractive entertainment area
- 2.2. The symbol of Hoi An ancient town – Bridge Pagoda
- 2.3. The Great Gate
- 2.4. Tra Que Vegetable Village
- 3. Some notes when going to Hoi An market
- 4. 03 other outstanding Hoi An fairs
- 4.1. Hoi An Market for women
- 4.2. Thanh Ha fish market – wholesale seafood market
- 4.3. Nguyen Hoang Market – folk night market
Hoi An Market is a market that gathers many specialties and dishes of the old town. Hoi An Market has been voted by many magazines around the world as one of the world’s most attractive culinary destinations for tourists.
Hoi An Market is located in the center of the old town, operating from 06h00 to 22h00 daily. In addition, the market also sells many different goods, serving tourists and locals to shop and experience when traveling to Hoi An.
1. Travel – Experience Hoi An market
Hoi An Market is quite small, but you can find everything here. The market is divided into separate areas such as dry goods area, souvenir area, fruit area, fresh seafood area, green vegetables, eggs, … However, the most attractive point for tourists when visiting the market is probably is the food court.
1.1. Hoi An cuisine is colorful and unique
Hoi An Market treats domestic and foreign tourists with many delicious dishes, including famous dishes with distinct flavors, only available in Hoi An – the land of the Ancient Capital.
1.1.1. Hoi An Bread
Banh mi is very famous in Vietnam. However, in each region, bread has different processing methods. Hoi An bread, too, is delicious and has a very special taste.
- Reference price: 20 000 to 35 000 VND/piece
1.1.2. Cao Lau dish
This dish originates from China, but has been modified by the locals, using many local ingredients, and has become the special dish it is today. Cao Lau fiber is bright yellow, served with char siu, shrimp, spring rolls, rice paper, raw vegetables. Along with that, a rich broth is added to make the Cao Lau dish perfect.
- Reference price: 20 000 to 40 000 VND / bowl
1.1.3. Quang Noodles
Quang Noodles is simple but also very delicate, a name that many people know every time they have the opportunity to come to Hoi An market in particular and Quang Nam in general. Quang noodles are milky white, soft mixed with rich broth and assorted ‘toppings’ such as meat, shrimp, rice paper, eggs, peanuts, raw vegetables…
- Reference price: 25 000 to 50 000 VND / bowl
1.1.4. Hoi An pancakes
Different from pancakes in other regions, Hoi An pancakes are small in size and deep-fried. The filling of banh xeo is made from meat, shrimp, a little bean sprouts, the outside is a golden, crispy, hot crust. Enjoy pancakes with sweet and sour dipping sauce and raw vegetables, green mango, cucumber,…
- Reference price: 10 000 to 40 000 VND/piece
1.1.5. Hoi An pound cake
Hoi An pound cake is a must-eat dish when coming to Hoi An market. The fresh mussels are preliminarily cleaned, then stir-fried with spices, fried onions, chili peppers, peanuts, laksa leaves, … to create a delicious aroma.
Stir-fried mussels with just enough seasoning, crispy, fleshy bread, mixed with sweet and sour dipping sauce will make diners ecstatic because of their deliciousness.
- Reference price: 15 000 to 20 000 VND / serving
1.1.6. Wet cake with grilled meat
Smoked grilled skewers are seasoned richly, served with soft wet cakes, raw vegetables and special dipping sauces. All made a special dish.
- Reference price: 5 000 to 6 000 VND / skewers
1.1.7. Hoi An tea – popular street food in Hoi An ancient town
Colorful stalls with different types of tea will be the next stop when coming to Hoi An market. Hoi An tea is naturally sweet, fragrant, suitable for enjoying during hot or cold summer days. Some famous tea dishes here are lotus seed tea, bean curd tea, water drifting tea, black sesame tea, corn tea, Xi Ma tea,…
- Reference price: 10 000 to 20 000 VND / cup
1.2. Bustling traditional market
The bustling, bustling atmosphere in Hoi An market is in stark contrast to the peaceful, quiet Hoi An that people often see. Walking around the market and immersing in the hustle and bustle of life is also a very interesting experience when traveling to Hoi An.
1.3. Release your soul to check-in with the old Hoi An market
With a unique design, Hoi An market captivates visitors by its moss-covered roofs, yellowed walls, etc. to take good pictures.
2. Other attractive tourist attractions near Hoi An market
To complete your trip, you can visit more tourist attractions near Hoi An market below.
2.1. VinWonders South Hoi An – Attractive entertainment area
Only about 16 km from the center of Hoi An city, VinWonders Nam Hoi An is not only a place of entertainment and entertainment, but also a complex of culture, art, and unique traditional architecture of Vietnam. VinWonders Nam Hoi An includes 5 separate subdivisions with different themes, suitable for all ages and backgrounds.
- Water world
- Folklore Island
- Land of adventure
- River Safari – Wildlife Conservation Park
2.2. The symbol of Hoi An ancient town – Bridge Pagoda
Located across the small creek that empties into the Thu Bon River, Cau Pagoda is a symbol of Hoi An and has been printed on 200,000 VND bills. Covered Bridge is built mainly of wood, curved roof and fixed by 18 meter high stone pillars. This architectural work is impressive because of its unique architectural style, meticulously painted and carved with many sophisticated motifs.
2.3. The Great Gate
Cua Dai beach is a famous beach, with fine white sand stretching, clear blue sea, beautiful scenery comparable to Nha Trang beach, My Khe beach in Da Nang. Besides the experience of swimming or basking on the sunny sand, Cua Dai beach also makes visitors excited by hunting or fishing activities such as Hanh Luom fish, Hong Vuc fish, etc.
2.4. Tra Que Vegetable Village
Currently, Tra Que vegetable village has more than 131 households, specializing in intercropping vegetables on an area of 40 hectares. Visitors to Tra Que vegetable village will be able to visit, experience the daily life of local people and buy clean vegetables for use.
3. Some notes when going to Hoi An market
- Hoi An Market is open all day, so visitors can come here at any time
- If you want to buy fresh seafood, you should go to the market early in the morning.
- The aunts and uncles at the market are very enthusiastic, welcoming and especially do not challenge, so you can rest assured that you can enjoy delicious food comfortably.
- The prices of dishes at the market are very affordable, publicly listed, and clearly on the menu, so you don’t have to worry about being “spoiled”.
- If you want to immerse yourself in the shimmering, fanciful space when Hoi An is lit up, go to the market in the evening
4. 03 other outstanding Hoi An fairs
Besides Hoi An market, visitors can also experience and shop at other famous markets of Hoi An.
4.1. Hoi An Market for women
This special Hoi An fair is almost exclusively attended by women. The market sells all kinds of Hoi An products such as shrimp, fish, mussels, green vegetables, corn sticky rice… The sales women come to the market very early to prepare and arrange the goods carefully and ready to pack when they arrive. buyers.
- Opening hours: from 01h00 to 04h00
- Address: South of Cam Nam Bridge, near Hoang Dieu – Phan Boi Chau intersection
4.2. Thanh Ha fish market – wholesale seafood market
If you want to choose and buy fresh seafood, come to Thanh Ha fish market. This Hoi An market is a wholesale fish and shrimp market, specializing in providing fresh seafood products to other regions.
- Opening hours: from 03h00
- Address: Thanh Ha Ward, Hoi An City
4.3. Nguyen Hoang Market – folk night market
Nguyen Hoang night market surprises visitors by the ancient roofs located close together on the ancient town of Hoi An. Nguyen Hoang Night Market is a market with 51 stalls selling a variety of goods and products bearing bold local folklore such as cloth, gongs, drums, lanterns, etc.
- Opening hours: from 5pm to 11pm
- Address: Opposite Cau Pagoda, on Nguyen Hoang Street
Hoi An Market with countless delicious dishes, bustling atmosphere, will bring visitors interesting experiences both in terms of cuisine and the typical culture and lifestyle of Hoi An people. Don’t forget to visit nearby attractions like VinWonders Nam Hoi An to fully enjoy your vacation!
5/5 – (1 vote)
Keyword: Experience the most detailed Hoi An Market