Bai Sao Beach, aka Star Beach, located around 25km from the capital of Phu Quoc island is an ideal place to escape from the hustle and bustle of a busy life. It has a perfect beach, white powdery sand, jungle backdrop and so many swaying palm trees for tourists to enjoy.
1. Why Does Bai Sao So Popular?
Photo: @baisao_phuquoc (flickr.com)
There are so many reasons why Bai Sao is so popular to visitors worldwide. First of all, we should talk about its beautiful white sand. Then, you can sit and enjoy a fresh coconut, take some photos and play games with your friends.
Second, Bai Sao is famous for a wide range of marine creatures. Once you snorkel deep down into the beach, you will have an opportunity to see all of them.
Next, the tropical jungle in the southern and northern tip of the beach is also beautiful. This is the place that contains lots of huge trees that have existed for so many years. Furthermore, exploring this pristine forest, you can hear wild birds singing so many beautiful songs.
2. Things To Do in Bai Sao Beach
Bai Sao beach is a perfect destination for people to do lots of interesting activities. Tourists often come here to immerse themselves in the clear water. Some go for swimming, some go for sunbathing, scuba diving or kayaking. However, the most preferable water sports in Bai Sao Beach, Phu Quoc Island is kite surfing.
Kite surfing has been a popular activity for both locals and visitors in Phu Quoc recently. It welcomes all levels of people. It is played much from October to April when the wind blows hard enough for the kite to fly high. However, you must watch out for the jellyfish under the water.
3. Best Time To Visit Bai Sao Beach
Dry season, which lasts from November to March is the best time to visit Bai Sao Beach. In this season, the temperature is between 25 and 28°C. There may be a lot of visitors coming to Phu Quoc so the hotels may get full very quickly.
Another great time to go to enjoy Bai Sao Beach is from mid-April to June. However, the weather may be a little bit hot and humid. So, you will need to always bring water and sunscreen whenever going out of the hotel.
4. How to Get to Bai Sao?
It is very easy to get to Bai Sao. First, you can go by plane or car from your home to Phu Quoc. After that, rent a motorbike to ride to Bai Sao beach. You can also rent a boat or canoe and go by the sea. Just find the most convenient means of transportation for you to get to Bai Sao.
5. Where to Stay in Bai Sao?
Bai Sao Beach belongs to Phu Quoc Island. Thus, you can stay at any hotels in Phu Quoc which is near Bai Sao Beach.
- JW Marriott Phu Quoc Emerald Bay Resort & Spa: It is 1.5 miles from Bai Sao Beach. It is voted the best value of more than 200 hotels in An Thoi.
Location: Bai Khem, Phu Quoc, Kien Giang province, Vietnam
Tel: 0297 3779 999
- Anna Nguyen Resort Bungalow: It is 1.2 miles from the beach and it is also near 19 restaurants and 3 other attractions in miles.
Location: Nguyen Van Cu, Khu Pho 4, An Thoi, Phu Quoc Island Vietnam
- 7 S Ruby Phu Quoc Hotel: It is further than the two aforementioned places, which is 2.1 miles from the beach. However, the price is very cheap. It is just about 207,000 VND per night.
Location: Duong To, Phu Quoc Island
Tel: 090 279 27 93
Banh Canh at Bai Sao beach (Photo: phuquocxanh.com)
6. What to Eat in Bai Sao?
After knowing where to stay in Bai Sao Beach, the next question you need to answer is the things you eat here. There are lots of beach restaurants which serve different kinds of seafood other dishes.
You can eat noodle soup for breakfast, com tam with meat and veggies for lunch and seafood for dinner. During the day, you can try Banh canh, Banh xeo, fresh coconut or sugarcane juice. They are such typical food and drinks in Vietnam that do not cost you a large amount of money.
7. Tips and Tricks
- The south and the north of the Bai Sao Beach have beautiful coral reefs. On the way to see them, you can also see small fishes, squid or needle fish. In September and October, urchins and sea stars are a lot so you can have a chance to witness all of them.
- If you like aquatic activities, you can rent a canoe from any resorts near the beach.
- Some of the resorts and guesthouses rent jet skis, beach loungers, snorkel and masks, sailboards, kayaks, and even showers.
- Bai Sao Beach attracts thousands of tourists each year so sometimes, during its peak season, it might be very crowded with people. If you are looking for tranquillity, come early in the morning or late in the afternoon.
- The road to Bai Sao is rough, thus, it may take you an amount of time to reach the destination.
So, Bai Sao Beach is the best beach on Phu Quoc Island, isn’t it? Let’s plan a trip to Bai Sao Beach to enjoy everything we have listed above.
Keyword: Bai Sao Beach – Best Beach in Phu Quoc